The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of January, 2017 this week. According to the CREA, “National home sales were down slightly in January 2017 on a month-over-month basis.“
“Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems edged down by 1.3% month-over-month in January 2017, putting them at the second lowest monthly level since the fall of 2015 and only slightly above levels recorded last November when recently tightened mortgage regulations came into effect.”
Highlights of CREA’s report
- National home sales declined 1.3% from December 2016 to January 2017.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in January was up 1.9% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes dropped 6.7% from December 2016 to January 2017.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in January was up 15.0% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The national average sale price was little changed (+0.2%) y-o-y in January.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is behind the contact button on the navigation bar at the top of this page. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra