New Saskatoon real estate listings topped 100 for the fourth week in a row but brisk sales activity prevented inventories from making any significant gains. We finished the week with a total of 370 active residential listings including 204 houses (single-family homes) and 127 condominiums. Important note: due to pending changes with the Saskatoon MLS system, no sales were processed on Friday so active listings and sales figures from this week are slightly off.
A total of 92 Saskatoon homes traded hands, a slight decline from reported sales last week. The percentage of homes that sold above the asking price took a jump forward to about 37% of all sales processed. The average overbid increased as well, pushing towards $15,000 and reaching its highest level since the week of November 19-23, and more than double what it was for the same week last year.
The average selling price of a Saskatoon home exceeded the average asking price for the first time since the week of October 1-5. On average, residential properties fetched about $800 more than the asking price. Still, 39 savvy buyers managed to negotiate a below list purchase at almost $7,600 below the asking price.
- 1,000 square foot four-level split with a double garage in Lakeview will set you back $369,000.
- Lakeview apartment at 878 square feet goes $19K over list at $199,000.
- East College Park bungalow of 1,040’ with no garage is $310K.
- Avalon bungalow of 1,186’ with a single garage sells $64 over asking price at $390,000.
- Eastview apartment at 880’ fetches $218,000.
- River Heights two-storey at close to 2,000 square feet sells $47K over at $502,000.
- 1000 square foot Hudson Bay Park bungalow with a single garage goes $38K over at $308,000.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Follow our daily updates on Twitter @SaskatoonHomes.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate