A total of 122 new residential listings hit the Saskatoon real estate market this past week, while 118 homes were reported sold on the Saskatoon MLS®. Close to 80% of those units sold at or above their list price. Properties which sold above list price attracted offers which were on average, $23,403 higher than the asking price. Area 5 recorded the lowest average over bid at $15,761 while buyers of Area 3 homes came in at an average of $34,122 over asking price.
Here’s a quick look at the numbers.
- Parkridge 4 level split (1,030’) with double garage goes $41,000 over at $261,000.
- Lakeview condo (953’) in wood-frame, walk up sells for $172,000.
- Sutherland bungalow (858’) with no garage at $232,000.
- College Park 4 level split (1,250’) with double garage sells $40,000 over at $340,000.
- Nutana bungalow (877’) in need of updating tops quarter million at $254,200.
- Nutana bungalow on 30’ x 140’ lot with a river view sells $47,000 under list. Priced at $449,000, this would have been a tough sell at only 1,080 square feet.
- Montgomery 2 storey (1,880’) sells $20,000 under list price after a month on the market, slowed primarily by its “cottage-like” look which has limited appeal in urban areas.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Follow our daily updates on Twitter @SaskatoonHomes.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate