The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for September of 2018 last week.
According to the report, “National home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems eased by 0.4% in September 2018, marking the first decline since April. While sales activity is still somewhat stronger compared to the first half of this year, it remains well below most other months since 2014. Sales declined from August to September in slightly more than half of all local markets, led by Vancouver Island and Edmonton, along with several markets in Ontario’s Greater Golden Horseshoe Region. Activity declines in these markets were offset by monthly gains in the Fraser Valley and Montreal.
Highlights of CREA’s report
- National home sales edged back 0.4% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 8.9% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes rose by 3% from August to September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 2.3% year-over-year (y-o-y) in September.
- The national average sale price edged up a slight 0.2% y-o-y in September.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for September of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra