The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), recently released national sales statistics for April of 2019.
According to the report, “Home sales recorded via Canadian MLS® Systems rose by 3.6% month-over-month in April 2019. After having dropped in February to the lowest level since 2012, the rebound in sales over the past two months still leaves activity slightly below readings posted over most of the second half of 2018.”
Across the Prairies, supply remains historically elevated relative to sales and home prices remain below year-ago levels. Benchmark prices were down by 4.6% in Calgary, 4% in Edmonton, 4.3% in Regina and 1.7% in Saskatoon. The home pricing environment will likely remain weak in these cities until demand and supply return to better balance.”
Highlights of CREA’s report
- National home sales improved by 3.6% month-over-month (m-o-m) in April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 4.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 2.7% m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) eased by 0.3% y-o-y in April.
- The national average sale price edged up 0.3% y-o-y.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for April 2019.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra