The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for August of 2018 today.
According to the report, “National home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged up by 0.9% in August 2018, marking a fourth consecutive monthly gain. However, sales activity is still running below levels in most other months going back to early 2014.
Highlights of CREA’s report
- National home sales rose 0.9% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 3.8% from August 2017.
- The number of newly listed homes was unchanged from July to August.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 2.5% year-over-year (y-o-y) in August.
- The national average sale price edged up 1% y-o-y in August.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for August of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra